httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@wheeler.net>
Subject Re: apreq 2 Status?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 16:48:14 GMT
On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 07:41  PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Pretty good, I'd say.  A developer's release of libapreq-2 is
> next on my todo list here.

Oh, great news!

>> How far away does a release look?
>
> The remaining obstacles are listed in httpd-apreq-2/STATUS.
> This week I've been working to ensure apreq works seamlessly
> with internal redirects, which I'm hoping is nearly complete
> (today I added some really nasty redirect tests, so I'm hoping
> they'll actually pass :-).   From my POV, the remaining stuff is
> mainly to ensure the build system works on all the usual platforms,
> adopt a versioning system (no dll hell, please!), and add some perl
> glue for parser API.  And write more docs, of course :-).

I'll try it out on Mac OS X when the developer release comes out --
sooner if I find the tuits (I don't have Apache 2 on my OS X box just
yet, but will find some time to do it soon, I expect).

>> :-) Easier said than done- the pages are generated with Java
> utilities (ant), and I don't know if anyone here is familiar
> enough with ant to actually enjoy editing the apreq webpage.

Ant should be able to generate HTML docs by performing an XSLT
transformation, I think.

Regards,

David

http://www.kineticode.com/                     Yahoo!: dew7e