httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: apreq 2 Status?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 03:56:54 GMT
Quoting Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com>:

> David Wheeler <david@wheeler.net> writes:
>
> > Just out of curiosity, what's the status of apreq 2?
>
> Pretty good, I'd say.  A developer's release of libapreq-2 is
> next on my todo list here.

Cool. I have done some work on that static linking thing. I can have the patch
to you some time tomorrow (Sydney time), if you're interested. I can't promise
it looks nice, but at least it's a starting point... And, of course, I get
mod_apreq statically linked into Apache 2 - hurray!

> > How far away does a release look?
>
> The remaining obstacles are listed in httpd-apreq-2/STATUS.
> This week I've been working to ensure apreq works seamlessly
> with internal redirects, which I'm hoping is nearly complete
> (today I added some really nasty redirect tests, so I'm hoping
> they'll actually pass :-).   From my POV, the remaining stuff is
> mainly to ensure the build system works on all the usual platforms,
> adopt a versioning system (no dll hell, please!), and add some perl
> glue for parser API.  And write more docs, of course :-).

I'm not sure if the fix for that NULL problem that I mentioned is going to be
included... Do you want me to have more look into the code to see where exactly
we need such a test and ultimately submit a patch?

> > Could the status be put on the apreq Web page so that I don't
> > have to bug folks here, anymore?
>
> :-) Easier said than done- the pages are generated with Java
> utilities (ant), and I don't know if anyone here is familiar
> enough with ant to actually enjoy editing the apreq webpage.

Is the page done through Anakia or XSLT? I should be familiar with both. Where
do the pages live - I keep forgeting the URL's for the Apache sites themselves.

--
Bojan