httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: POSTing non-standard content type?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:31:50 GMT
Douglas Webb <DWebb@Ovid.com> writes:

> Hi.
> I'm building an internal service using Apache/mod_perl, and one of the
> functions I want to support is POSTing a request where the body is an
> xml document. (Sounds like SOAP, but it's not an RPC-kind of thing.)
>
> I'm able to use Apache::Request::read to get the request body,

In 1.X, the read() method is inherited from the underlying Apache
object.  Can you get along without using Apache::Request, and just
use $r = Apache->request?

> but my error log is full of this message: [libapreq] unknown
> content-type: `application/x-ovid-blah'
>
> I looked at the libapreq code, and it generates this error for
> anything but application/x-www-form-urlencoded or multipart/form-data.

In 2.X, libapreq for apache is implemented as a passive input filter
with a user-definable parser (the builtin parsers just serve as
overridable defaults).  The C API is designed to be much more
accommodating in situations like yours, although the Apache::Request perl
glue doesn't expose these additional features just yet.

--
Joe Schaefer