httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Douglas Webb <DW...@Ovid.com>
Subject RE: POSTing non-standard content type?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:28:53 GMT
Thanks; switching to Apache->request for my POST requests not only took care
of the error message, but also exposed a bug where I was trying to use
param() during handling of the POST.

Doug.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Schaefer [mailto:joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 9:32 AM
To: apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: POSTing non-standard content type?

Douglas Webb <DWebb@Ovid.com> writes:

> Hi.
> I'm building an internal service using Apache/mod_perl, and one of the
> functions I want to support is POSTing a request where the body is an
> xml document. (Sounds like SOAP, but it's not an RPC-kind of thing.)
>
> I'm able to use Apache::Request::read to get the request body,

In 1.X, the read() method is inherited from the underlying Apache
object.  Can you get along without using Apache::Request, and just
use $r = Apache->request?

> but my error log is full of this message: [libapreq] unknown
> content-type: `application/x-ovid-blah'
>
> I looked at the libapreq code, and it generates this error for
> anything but application/x-www-form-urlencoded or multipart/form-data.

In 2.X, libapreq for apache is implemented as a passive input filter
with a user-definable parser (the builtin parsers just serve as
overridable defaults).  The C API is designed to be much more
accommodating in situations like yours, although the Apache::Request perl
glue doesn't expose these additional features just yet.

--
Joe Schaefer

this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are
notified that disclosing, copying, forwarding or otherwise distributing or
taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited.