httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: releasing 1.3
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:36:15 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>

>>I believe the issue with the shared library on newer MakeMaker is
>>still unresolved. My proposed patch wasn't accepted, but no other
>>alternatives were proposed AFAIK.
>

> I remember the patch/thread, but unfortunately I don't have a
> clear idea on why K Old's build is failing with current cvs (I assume
> it still does).  IMO the best course of action now is to put
> out a new release and see what folks complain about,

That's fine with me.

> besides not being able to run the tests as root :-/ .

Yup, this issue is a pain, but it requires time and I'm nursing 5.8.1-tobe and
modperls at the moment, I have changed the code to alert early about the
problem and provide suggestions to work around it. One is not to test it from
under /root directory.

The proper solution is to find a temp dir which is rwx by the user that the
server is running with and copy the needed files from /t to that directory and
run the tests from there. It's not the best solution, but nobody has suggested
anything better so far.