httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nandor <pu...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: libapreq failures with 1.2 and Mac OS X Server
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:34:38 GMT
At 13:28 -0700 2003.08.13, David Wheeler wrote:
>On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 01:17  PM, Chris Nandor wrote:
>
>>> Oh, mp can't supply hints to the Apache compiler? I always build
>>> Apache
>>> manually.
>>>
>>> Uh, so where would one push --without-execstrip to the APACI_ARGS opt?
>>
>> Now, it works fine from mod_perl.  It is those who do NOT use mod_perl
>> build Apache (that is, those who configure and build Apache directly,
>> without having mod_perl do it) who would would have to do it manually.
>
>Oh, so it sounds like it's already in mp1's hints. Cool.

Well, APACI_ARGS is understood, but no, --without-execstrip is not handled
automatically, you need to pass it.  Here is what I did to build mod_perl
1.28:

   perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.28/src DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 \
   PERL_MARK_WHERE=1 EVERYTHING=1 APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache \
   ADD_MODULE="headers,rewrite,usertrack" APACI_ARGS="--without-execstrip"

Without that final arg, it did not work with libapreq.

--
Chris Nandor                      pudge@pobox.com    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    pudge@osdn.com     http://osdn.com/