httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: simple apache 2 module using libapreq and mod_apreq
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 19:06:51 GMT
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

[ .. ]
> I think httpd-apreq-2 is a fine dist directory name. e.g. LWP builds in
> libwww-perl. All is needed is to add a 'make dist' target which will
> name the distribution as Apache-Request-2.x.tar.gz. Unfortunately we
> can't rely on ExtUtils::MakeMaker::WriteMakefile here, since we already
> have a top-level Makefile generated by autoconf.
>
> Otherwise useing DISTVNAME and DISTNAME targets could handle that in a
> simple way.

I'm away until next week, so can't test this out, but
would the MakeMaker attribute FIRST_MAKEFILE be of any
help here? That is, after generating the top-level
Makefile, have Makefile.PL rename it to something
else, and then use this name as a value to FIRST_MAKEFILE
within WriteMakefile().

--
best regards,
randy