httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: simple apache 2 module using libapreq and mod_apreq
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 19:17:26 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
> [ .. ]
>
>>I think httpd-apreq-2 is a fine dist directory name. e.g. LWP builds in
>>libwww-perl. All is needed is to add a 'make dist' target which will
>>name the distribution as Apache-Request-2.x.tar.gz. Unfortunately we
>>can't rely on ExtUtils::MakeMaker::WriteMakefile here, since we already
>>have a top-level Makefile generated by autoconf.
>>
>>Otherwise useing DISTVNAME and DISTNAME targets could handle that in a
>>simple way.
>

> I'm away until next week, so can't test this out, but
> would the MakeMaker attribute FIRST_MAKEFILE be of any
> help here? That is, after generating the top-level
> Makefile, have Makefile.PL rename it to something
> else, and then use this name as a value to FIRST_MAKEFILE
> within WriteMakefile().

Won't that intervene with the non-perl build, for users which aren't
interested in the perl glue. I suppose that if they don't run 'perl
Makefile.PL' it makes no difference to them.

  So if we say:

   FIRST_MAKEFILE => Makefile.mod_perl

the top-level Makefile could include:

dist :
     make -f Makefile.mod_perl dist

but it's probably too messy to have two Makefiles. Is there a way we can
generate Makefile normally via MakeMaker and then somehow integrate the
autoconf's stuff in? Or the other way around?