httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: need your help to test mod_perl with perl-5.8.1-RC3
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 10:19:42 GMT
Michael G Schwern wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 09:35:55AM +0100, Steve Hay wrote:
>

>>Somehow, it has contrived to disappear!  It always used to exist there,
>>which is why it didn't occur to me to check :-(  I must have lost it
>>somewhere along the line when shoe-horning earlier MakeMaker's into place.
>>

>Possibly you deleted the ExtUtils/ directory?

Yes, I think I did delete it when installing MM 6.06_01 because its own
Makefile was broken so I couldn't run "nmake install".

I see that Perl's lib/ExtUtils directory contains a typemap and
ExtUtils-MakeMaker's lib/ExtUtils directory doesn't.  So that would
explain it.

Why isn't the typemap file distributed as part of ExtUtils-MakeMaker?