httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: need your help to test mod_perl with perl-5.8.1-RC3
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 07:46:27 GMT
Michael G Schwern wrote:

>The problem is likely the MY::dynamic hack in c/Makefile.PL.  6.05 and
>previous had this:
>
>dynamic :: Makefile $(INST_DYNAMIC) $(INST_BOOT)
>
>6.06_01 and up have this
>
>dynamic :: $(FIRST_MAKEFILE) $(INST_DYNAMIC) $(INST_BOOT)
>
>for some reason, MY::dynamic is trying to lop off everything after "Makefile"
>and moving $(INST_DYNAMIC) to a different target in MY::top_targets.
>(Where INST_BOOT is run from, I dunno).  But dynamic no longer matches
>/Makefile/ so the hack fails and you wind up with INST_DYNAMIC built from
>two places.
>
>Coupled with the fact that its set LINKTYPE 'static' with a comment
>"problems with things finding libareq.so, sort out later" leads me to
>believe this was a work around a MakeMaker bug.
>
>Chaning s/(Makefile\s+).*/$1/g to
>s{ \$\(INST_DYNAMIC\) }{}g;
>s{ \$\(INST_BOOT\) }{}g;
>should "fix" the symptoms by restoring the hack for a quick fix.
>
I tried changing the s/// to:

    $string =~ s{ \$\(INST_DYNAMIC\)}{}g;
    $string =~ s{ \$\(INST_BOOT\)}{}g;

(I've dropped the trailing spaces in the patterns), which produced:

dynamic :: $(FIRST_MAKEFILE)
    $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)

in the Makefile as desired, but now the build process fails with this error:

fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'C:\perl5\lib\ExtUtils\typemap'

>
>For a longer term solution, try removing the MY::dynamic and 
>MY::top_targets overrides entirely, plus changing LINKTYPE to 'dynamic' and
>see what happens.
>
I tried removing MY::dynamic and MY::top_targets, plus *adding* LINKTYPE 
'dynamic' to the Win32-specific section.  That seems to get me back to 
square one - the Makefile contains:

dynamic :: $(FIRST_MAKEFILE) $(INST_DYNAMIC) $(INST_BOOT)
    $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)

and the build fails as it originally did with:

libapreq.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol boot_libapreq

Only the fix previously posted by Stas (adding 'SKIP' => [qw(dynamic 
dynamic_lib dynamic_bs)], to both WriteMakefile() calls) works for me so 
far, but Joe had a problem that...

Steve


Mime
View raw message