httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: need your help to test mod_perl with perl-5.8.1-RC3
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 08:05:55 GMT
Michael G Schwern wrote:

>On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 03:23:36PM +0100, Steve Hay wrote:
>  
>
>>This patch finally fixes it for me:
>>    
>>
>
>I'm glad you guys got it working, but there's still the problem of why
>MakeMaker's behavior changed.  Since I tend not to touch the XS building
>code much its likely a bug.  Try the snapshot on makemaker.org.  I just
>fixed a minor issue with argument passing in recursive builds.
>
I just tried MM 6.13: that made no difference.

Then I tried the snapshot (taken at 01 Aug 2003 07:55 UTC): that failed 
loads of its own tests, but made no difference to the libapreq build 
process.

>
>If I could see the Makefiles from 6.03 and 6.12 I might be able to figure out
>what's different.  Also, if you could try various alpha versions between
>those two, show the Makefiles and whether or not they exhibited the
>behavior that would help alot in narrowing it down.
>  
>
I've also tried MM 6.05: that works OK.

Attached are the various Makefiles (the top-level one, plus those from 
the c, Cookie and Request sub-directories), and a transcript of the 
"nmake" step, from a build using MM 6.05 (which worked) and another 
build using MM 6.12 (which failed).

I'll move on to trying out those alpha versions and get back to you on 
which was the first one that failed.

Steve

Mime
View raw message