httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: libapreq-1.2 release candidate 2
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:04:54 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

[...]

> I have resolved this issue. You couldn't reproduce it because you were
> running an old MakeMaker. I have explained the issue and provided a
> solution here:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apreq-dev&m=105965131008577&w=2

Thanks, Stas!  However, the problem is that we actually rely on the
current behavior for platforms like OS-X, where people are encouraged
to install libapreq.so via './configure ...' prior to running the
perl-build of libapreq.  I'm afraid your patch will break libapreq's
OS-X support for prior perls, and probably anywhere else that libapreq.so
(the C library) is installed before building Request.so and Cookie.so.

--
Joe Schaefer