httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [apreq-2] Apache::Test preinstall issues
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2003 16:55:36 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

[...]

> Actually, this is not a bug, I have done this on purpose, for 3rd
> party modules which install their modules into Apache2/. use Apache2;
> should come after local blib so it'll pick these subdirs.

I don't think so.  Remember C<use lib 'foo'> is essentially

  BEGIN { unshift @INC, "foo"; }

so you want the C<use lib> directives in modperl_inc.pl to come *after*
the C<use Apache2> directive.  Otherwise the first item in @INC will
be something like

  /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Apache2

which will completely *ignore* the local blib/lib if there's a prior
install.

> On the contrary Apache::Request 2 build is broken in that respect. It
> installs into @INC, and not into Apache2/ making it impossible to have
> Apache::Request for mp1 and mp2 coexist under the same perl tree.

True- we need to fix that as well.

--
Joe Schaefer