httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: libapreq-2 doxy docs
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:02:16 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:

[...]

> But why do you need this automatic handling at all? What's wrong with
> writing POD in first place? The C and Perl apis have little overlap if
> at all, no?

Right. The issue really has nothing to do with XSBuilder's doc generation,
since we don't use that at all.  What I'm wondering is whether or not we
should be using XSBuilder::ParseSource to parse the header files, when it
appears that doxygen does a far better job (for instance, doxygen
can preprocess and expand selected macros, whereas ParseSource, being P::RD
based, cannot).

Of course, with the workarounds in build/xsbuilder.pl, we are able
to use XSBuilder::ParseSource successully right now, so I'm not going
to try and "fix" what isn't broken.  However, if something does break in
the future, or we really want to eliminate build/xsbuilder.pl from the
build system, then I suggest we look at doxgen's perlmods as a clean
replacement for XSBuilder::ParseSource.

--
Joe Schaefer