httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: make test & install problems
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2003 16:06:36 GMT
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Colin Ramsay wrote:

> I'm having a problems installing libapreq. Here's how I build
> everything:
>
> cd mod_perl-1.28
>
> perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.27/src \
> APACHE_PREFIX=/www \
> APACHE_USER=nobody \
> APACHE_GROUP=nogroup \
> DO_HTTPD=1 \
> USE_APACI=1 \
> EVERYTHING=1 \
> APACI_ARGS='--enable-module=so'
>
> make && make test
> sudo make install
>
> cd ../apache_1.3.27/
>
> make install
>
> All well and good, Apache runs fine, mod_perl is working too. So:
>
> cd libapreq-1.2
>
> perl Makefile.PL \
> -httpd /usr/local/apache/sbin/httpd \
> -apxs  /usr/local/apache/sbin/apxs
> make
> make test
>
> Here's where my problem begins. make test fails, make test
> TEST_VERBOSE=1 shows that the TEST is hitting 403 errors when it tries
> to run the test.

This might be a problem with permissions, in that the user
you're running the tests as doesn't have permission to
read, write, or execute some file it needs to to run the
tests. Did you unpack and/or build any of the various sources as
root, and then try the libapreq tests as another user?
If so, try changing permissions within the sources.

> Fail enough, I try to make install and no errors occur. But:
>
> perl -e 'use Apache::Request || die $!;'
> syntax error at -e line 1, near "use Apache::Request ||"
> Execution of -e aborted due to compilation errors.

'use' doesn't work with the syntax
    use Some::Module || die;
If you want to test for the presence of some module, you
could rather do, from the command line,
   perl -MApache::Request -e "print 1"

--
best regards,