httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Ramsay <colinram...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: make test & install problems
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:38:19 GMT
> On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Colin Ramsay wrote:

>> I'm having a problems installing libapreq. Here's how I build
>> everything:
>>
>> cd mod_perl-1.28
>>
>> perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.27/src \
>> APACHE_PREFIX=/www \
>> APACHE_USER=nobody \
>> APACHE_GROUP=nogroup \
>> DO_HTTPD=1 \
>> USE_APACI=1 \
>> EVERYTHING=1 \
>> APACI_ARGS='--enable-module=so'
>>
>> make && make test
>> sudo make install
>>
>> cd ../apache_1.3.27/
>>
>> make install
>>
>> All well and good, Apache runs fine, mod_perl is working too. So:
>>
>> cd libapreq-1.2
>>
>> perl Makefile.PL \
>> -httpd /usr/local/apache/sbin/httpd \
>> -apxs  /usr/local/apache/sbin/apxs
>> make
>> make test
>>
>> Here's where my problem begins. make test fails, make test
>> TEST_VERBOSE=1 shows that the TEST is hitting 403 errors when it tries
>> to run the test.

> This might be a problem with permissions, in that the user
> you're running the tests as doesn't have permission to
> read, write, or execute some file it needs to to run the
> tests. Did you unpack and/or build any of the various sources as
> root, and then try the libapreq tests as another user?
> If so, try changing permissions within the sources.

>> Fail enough, I try to make install and no errors occur. But:
>>
>> perl -e 'use Apache::Request || die $!;'
>> syntax error at -e line 1, near "use Apache::Request ||"
>> Execution of -e aborted due to compilation errors.

> 'use' doesn't work with the syntax
>     use Some::Module || die;
> If you want to test for the presence of some module, you
> could rather do, from the command line,
>    perl -MApache::Request -e "print 1"

Ah, using this at the commandline does indeed print 1... seems like I
got some duff information at some stage and this combined with the
failure of my Moveable Type install lead me to this it was an
Apache::Request problem.

I will look into the issue, my apologies for bothering the list and my
thanks to Randy for clearing things up.

Colin