httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Brewer <c...@bl.echidna.id.au>
Subject Re: latest CVS build & test errors
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:25:22 GMT

Some more on this.  httpd starts with the generated httpd.conf file
ok :

/tmp/apache2/bin/httpd -f /data/src/httpd-apreq-2/env/t/conf/httpd.conf

Works fine with httpd compiled with --enable-ipv6

It answers dumb queries on ::1 :

steel1: {624} telnet localhost 8529
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET stuffed
<title>400 Bad Request</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Bad Request</h1>
Connection closed by foreign host.

So I suspect the problem is in the test script.  On NetBSD 1.6.1
(and a few other O/S's that I know but haven't tested on yet)
localhost will default to ::1, *not* 127.0.0.1.  I don't know
if this will be confusing the test harness?

Anyway, I can't see where the actual tests get done quickly enough to
make a difference, so that's my bug reporting for the evening :)

Carl