httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [apreq-2] Apache::Test preinstall issues
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2003 16:31:22 GMT

>>>The second problem is with the perl_tests:
>>>
>>>  % tail glue/perl/t/conf/modperl_inc.pl
>>>  use lib '/path/to/httpd-apreq-2/glue/perl/t/response';
>>>  use lib '/path/to/httpd-apreq-2/glue/perl/blib/arch';
>>>  use lib '/path/to/httpd-apreq-2/glue/perl/blib/lib';
>>>  use Apache2;
>>>  1;
>>>
>>>The 'use Apache 2' directive needs to occur before
>>>the 'use lib ...' directives to avoid using a previously-
>>>installed Apache::Request.
>>
>>This is being written from Apache::TestConfigPerl, in the
>>configure_startup_pl sub. The Apache2 entry comes from the call
>>to Apache::TestConfig->modperl_2_inc_fixup() - moving the
>>printing of $fixup to $fh to somewhere before the line
>>   print $fh "use lib '$_';\n";
>>would get the order you want, but I'm not sure how that
>>would affect, eg, the mod_perl tests.
>

> It certainly won't affect the modperl build tests, since
> modperl_2_inc_fixup is a noop there.  I suspect that
> this misordering is a bug in configure_startup_pl,
> but for the time being we can simply override it.
>
> I've applied the relevant patches to cvs- please give it
> a try (you need to % make clean to clear out the old test
> configs).

Actually, this is not a bug, I have done this on purpose, for 3rd party
modules which install their modules into Apache2/. use Apache2; should come
after local blib so it'll pick these subdirs.

On the contrary Apache::Request 2 build is broken in that respect. It installs
into @INC, and not into Apache2/ making it impossible to have Apache::Request
for mp1 and mp2 coexist under the same perl tree. For an example of how to
make the library following the mod_perl 2.0 install scheme see Apache::Peek.
the magic is done behind the scenes simply by using
ModPerl::MM::WriteMakefile. Once you have this in place, the
modperl_2_inc_fixup will make a lot more sense.