httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: libapreq-2 doxy docs
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:10:28 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com> writes:
>

>>I'd like to eventually incorporate something like this
>>
>>  http://httpd.apache.org/~joes/libapreq-2/
>>
>>into the http://httpd.apache.org/apreq website. Notice
>>that doxygen is smart enough to cross-link the (underlined)
>>apr structs with apr's website.  Pretty nifty, eh?

Neat!

> Also, it looks to me like doxygen 1.3+ can do a much better job
> of generating the glue/perl/xsbuilder/tables/ than XSBuilder does.
>
> The necessary build/doxygen.conf settings are
>
>   GENERATE_PERLMOD       = YES
>   PERLMOD_PRETTY         = YES
>
> With these, doxygen will put a few perl modules in docs/perlmod.
> I think it will be much easier to work with these modules instead
> of XSBuilder::ParseSource, so unless someone objects, I'll be
> moving things in this direction to see what happens.

XSBuilder::ParseSource has been in works since its last release. We are
planning on using it to generate the initial docs for mod_perl 2.0, please
refer to the recent posts at the docs-dev modperl list:
http://mathforum.org/epigone/modperl-docs-dev

Our plan is to automatically import the C header files docs, autogenerate pods
and then move onto manual maintenence mode.

But why do you need this automatic handling at all? What's wrong with writing
POD in first place? The C and Perl apis have little overlap if at all, no?