httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Ramsay <colinram...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject make test & install problems
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:48:12 GMT
I'm having a problems installing libapreq. Here's how I build
everything:

cd mod_perl-1.28

perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.27/src \
APACHE_PREFIX=/www \
APACHE_USER=nobody \
APACHE_GROUP=nogroup \
DO_HTTPD=1 \
USE_APACI=1 \
EVERYTHING=1 \
APACI_ARGS='--enable-module=so'

make && make test
sudo make install

cd ../apache_1.3.27/

make install

All well and good, Apache runs fine, mod_perl is working too. So:

cd libapreq-1.2

perl Makefile.PL \
-httpd /usr/local/apache/sbin/httpd \
-apxs  /usr/local/apache/sbin/apxs
make
make test

Here's where my problem begins. make test fails, make test
TEST_VERBOSE=1 shows that the TEST is hitting 403 errors when it tries
to run the test.

Fail enough, I try to make install and no errors occur. But:

perl -e 'use Apache::Request || die $!;'
syntax error at -e line 1, near "use Apache::Request ||"

Moveable Type also bails out with Apache::Request issues.

Any assistance would be good, but I am fairly new to all of this so
please don't be too technical.

--
Colin                          mailto:colinramsay@blueyonder.co.uk