httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [apreq-2] xsbuilder on Win32
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 05:58:08 GMT
Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:

> On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
> > Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > +my $apreq_lib_flags = Apache::Build::WIN32 ?
> > > +    qq{-L$base_dir/win32/libs -llibapreq -lmod_apreq} :
> >                                              ^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > I hope you can eventually figure out how to drop this dependency.
> > mod_apreq shouldn't be a requirement for compiling (& use()ing)
> > Apache::Request.
> >
> > Anyways +1 on all patches so far, including this one.
> > You might consider adding a comment regarding "-lmod_apreq"
> > for Win32 in STATUS.
>
> I'll take a look at this, and also add a note - right now,
> without the -lmod_apreq, I get missing apreq_env* symbols when
> trying to build Apache::Cookie. But that might be because I'm not
> building libapreq correctly ....

On linux, src/ builds first.  The libapreq.so it produces leaves
the apreq_env* as undefined symbols. env/ builds next;
mod_apreq.so links against libapreq.so and provides definitions
for the missing symbols.

But in the Request.so/Cookie.so case, libapreq.so is linked,
but the apreq_env symbols remain undefined.  I don't know what
linker flags are required for Win32 to tolerate this situation,
but MakeMaker may not providing be them.  You may need to
fiddle some more with with xsbuilder.pl's makefile_pl sub.

I expect this situation to also cause some light pain on MacOSX,
which is why it'd be real nice to know what problems happen
there asap.

--
Joe Schaefer