httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [apreq-2] perl glue on Win32
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 07:22:56 GMT
Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:

[...]

> in the original I had
>    #ifdef WIN32
>    #define APREQ_DECLARE ...
>    #else
>    #define APREQ_DELARE ...
>    #endif
> but then found, in running build/xsbuilder, that the glue
> for Apache::Request wasn't being built by ExtUtils::XSBuilder,
> but only that for Apache::Cookie. Changing the order around:
>   #ifndef WIN32
>   #define ...
>   #else
>   #define ...
>   #endif
> seems to fix this - I hope this is OK on unix ...

It'll probably break Unix because xsbuilder.pl has a bug in its
cmacro() sub- it wasn't coded to handle #ifdef. XSBuilder::ParseSource's
C parser is P::RD based, which needs a few macros to be expanded
in the headers prior to the parse.

I'll see if I can come up with a fix for xsbuilder.pl.

[...]

> > Another possibility would be
> > to drop APREQ_DECLARE from apreq_copy_value() & apreq_merge_values()
> > in apreq.[ch].
>
> That does work, as in the following:

[... patch ...]

+1.