httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: apreq2 buildconf issues
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 07:54:55 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>
> [...]
>

>>I still have the missing file problem:
>>
>>% automake
>>aclocal.m4:817: required file `build/ltmain.sh' not found
>

>   % cvs co httpd-apreq-2
>   % cd httpd-apreq-2; ls build
>   CVS README test_config.pl xsbuilder.pl
>   % libtoolize --automake --copy --force
>   % ls build
>   config.guess  config.sub  CVS  ltmain.sh
>   README        test_config.pl   xsbuilder.pl
>
> Is the file actually there, and just not being recognized?

No, it's not there:

/home/stas/apache.org/httpd-apreq-2> libtoolize --automake --copy --force
/home/stas/apache.org/httpd-apreq-2> l build/
config.guess*   CVS/            install-sh*     mkinstalldirs*  test_config.pl
config.sub*     depcomp*        missing*        README          xsbuilder.pl

> If that's the case, you probably need more GNU upgrades.
> Hmm, how's your autoconf?
>
>   % rpm -q autoconf
>   autoconf-2.53-8

autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.53

Actually I have 2.53 and 2.13, Mandrake has a wrapper that decides which one
to invoke based on a few things, one of which the existence of configure.ac.
so running autoconf --version inside httpd-apreq-2 picks 2.53.