httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [apreq-2] passing arguments to apxs via Apache::Test
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 07:31:53 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:

[...]

> > which works if Apache/TestMM.pm and Apache/TestRun.pm
> > are patched as below.  Does anyone have of a better way
> > to do this?
>
> Does using env vars help?
>
> % CCFLAGS="-I../../src ..." perl Makefile.PL -apxs path/to/apxs

Nope,that seems to make no difference at all.

> > Maybe I should just write a custom Makefile for
> > the env/c-modules directory?
> > Anyways, here's the patch for httpd-test:
>
> that will break other code, since the usage is:
>
>     while (my($key, $val) = each %Apache::TestConfig::Argv) {
>
> > - $body .= "\n\%Apache::TestConfig::Argv = qw(@Apache::TestMM::Argv);\n";
> > + local $" = '","';
> > + $body .= qq{\n\%Apache::TestConfig::Argv = ("@Apache::TestMM::Argv");\n};

I don't see what you're getting at... AFAICT all the patch does is
whitespace-protect the elements in @Apache::TestMM::Argv by
surrounding them with quotes, instead of just placing them in qw().

> This feature is only relevant for cmodules_write_makefile in
> Apache/TestConfigC.pm, isn't it? so an immediate workaround would be
> to override this function.

OK- that seems like a good approach, at least for now.

[...]

> Also, I remember that apxs doesn't work on winFU. If that's true how
> do these things are going to work these?

Randy already committed a build system for Windows, which
looked a lot like a perl script to me.  Once we get it working
on *nix, I hope it's not much trouble to port the changes to
his win32 build script.

--
Joe Schaefer