httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@wheeler.net>
Subject Re: libapreq-1.2 release candidate
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 20:52:21 GMT
On Sunday, May 4, 2003, at 05:07  PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Thanks David, please check if the patch below plus the usual
> s/Apache::Test;/Apache::TestLoad;/ does the job.

Bingo, that's it.

> But Apache::TestLoad does just this: load the suite it doesn't really
> do anything.
>
> I agree that Apache::Tester is a nice replacement for Apache::Test to
> eliminate the whole collision problem without using the TestLoad
> trickery.
> If that's the case we need to eliminate Apache::Test completely and
> rename it and the package with Apache::Tester. And hopefully convince
> Andreas to remove any traces of Apache::Test from CPAN. It'll also
> require messing with cvs repositories.

I think that module authors can remove their own modules using pause. I
do this to clean out older versions of my modules. And CVS
repositories, well, that _can_ be easy if you can get someone to move
files around in the repository for you. Otherwise, if you just remove
Test.pm and add Test.pm, you'll just lose the commit history.

Another option is to go with Test::Apache, since it's more like a
Test::Builder sort of thing than Apache::test ever was.

Anyway, TestLoad will work if you want to keep Test.

Well done on this, BTW. I especially like that I can actually run tests
as an unprivileged user, something that I had trouble getting
Apache::test to do. I'll have to port the test suite in
MasonX::ApacheHandler::WithCallbacks to your new testing module.

Regards,

David

                                                Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: Theory@jabber.org