httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@wheeler.net>
Subject Re: libapreq-1.2 release candidate
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 14:56:50 GMT
On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 08:25  PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> we still have a problem with CPAN not installing Apache::Test if
> Apache::test has a higher version. Just need to make sure that it's
> higher.

I think the problem is that Apache::test has no version number, so
CPANPLUS thinks it's up to date. I'll confirm this and report it. I
think that they should prefer a version number as more recent than a
module without a version number. I'll also see how CPAN.pm deals with
it.

> So we introduce Apache::TestLoad, whose only purpose is to load the
> right Apache::Test. Randy, David, can you please try this patch
> against the current cvs (e.g. Apache-Test inside the modperl-2.0 cvs
> rep).
>
> This should be really made into a perl pragma, which should do this
> work. e.g.:
>
> use require 'casesensitive';
> require Apache::Test;
>
> which will override CORE::require, do a normal require, test that it
> gets the $VERSION from the given package and if not, do the dir scan.
> Unfortunately GLOBAL::CORE::require became overridable only in the
> recent perl versions (I think 5.6.1).

The patch seems to help Apache::Test find Apache::Test instead of
Apache::test, as it has no problem writing out the test files during
`perl Makefile.PL`. However, the tests now fail differently. Does
something need to be changes in the apreq sources?

mercury# make test
/usr/local/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
t/TEST -clean
*** setting ulimit to allow core files
ulimit -c unlimited; t/TEST -clean
APACHE_USER= APACHE_GROUP= APACHE_PORT= APACHE= APXS= \
/usr/local/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
t/TEST -verbose=0
*** setting ulimit to allow core files
ulimit -c unlimited; t/TEST -verbose=0
*** root mode: changing the fs ownership to 'nobody'
(4294967294:4294967294)
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -X -d /usr/local/src/libapreq-1.2/t -f
/usr/local/src/libapreq-1.2/t/conf/httpd.conf -DAPACHE1
using Apache/1.3.27

waiting for server to start: .Empty compile time value given to use lib
at /usr/local/src/libapreq-1.2/t/conf/modperl_inc.pl line 19
..
waiting for server to start: ok (waited 2 secs)
server localhost:8529 started
apreq/big_input....Bareword found where operator expected at
apreq/big_input.t line 40, near "ok t_cmp"
         (Do you need to predeclare ok?)
Bareword found where operator expected at apreq/big_input.t line 63,
near "ok t_cmp"
         (Do you need to predeclare ok?)
syntax error at apreq/big_input.t line 21, near "plan tests"
syntax error at apreq/big_input.t line 40, near "ok t_cmp"
syntax error at apreq/big_input.t line 63, near "ok t_cmp"
Execution of apreq/big_input.t aborted due to compilation errors.
apreq/big_input....dubious
         Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
apreq/cookie.......Bareword found where operator expected at
apreq/cookie.t line 20, near "ok t_cmp"
         (Do you need to predeclare ok?)
syntax error at apreq/cookie.t line 10, near "plan tests"
syntax error at apreq/cookie.t line 20, near "ok t_cmp"
Execution of apreq/cookie.t aborted due to compilation errors.
apreq/cookie.......dubious
         Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
apreq/inherit......Bareword found where operator expected at
apreq/inherit.t line 11, near "ok t_cmp"
         (Do you need to predeclare ok?)
syntax error at apreq/inherit.t line 9, near "plan tests"
syntax error at apreq/inherit.t line 11, near "ok t_cmp"
Execution of apreq/inherit.t aborted due to compilation errors.
apreq/inherit......dubious
         Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
apreq/request......Bareword found where operator expected at
apreq/request.t line 18, near "ok t_cmp"
         (Do you need to predeclare ok?)
Bareword found where operator expected at apreq/request.t line 26, near
"ok t_cmp"
         (Do you need to predeclare ok?)
syntax error at apreq/request.t line 9, near "plan tests"
syntax error at apreq/request.t line 18, near "ok t_cmp"
syntax error at apreq/request.t line 26, near "ok t_cmp"
Execution of apreq/request.t aborted due to compilation errors.
apreq/request......dubious
         Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
*** server localhost:8529 shutdown
!!! error running tests (please examine t/logs/error_log)
make: *** [run_tests] Error 1

Regards,

David

                                                Yahoo!: dew7e