httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From David Naughton <n...@mninter.net>
Subject Re: libapreq on cygwin?
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 22:52:51 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> David Naughton <nort@mninter.net> writes:
>

>>Following the advice of Stas, I'm re-directing my questions below from
>>the modperl list to this list.  In short, can anyone help me to compile
>>libapreq on cygwin?
>

> I'm not familiar with cygwin, but if the standard mantra
>
>   % perl Makefile.PL
>   % make && make install
>
> doesn't work for you,

If only it did!

> I'd recommend trying to mimic the installation
> instructions written in INSTALL.MacOSX.  If some variation of those
> instructions turns out to work, we can put that info in INSTALL.cygwin.

Thanks for the tip.  At first I didn't see the MacOSX file, because

   perl -MCPAN -e 'install Apache::libapreq'

gives me libapreq-0.31.  Like an idiot, I didn't notice it until you
mentioned MacOSX.  I downloaded 1.1 from
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/libapreq/, and now I see it.

Statically compiling libapreq into apache promises to be much easier
than what I was trying to do.  I'll give it a shot and let you know what
  happens.

Thanks again!
Dave