httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: libapreq-1.2 release candidate
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 07:43:32 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:

>Steve Hay <steve.hay@uk.radan.com> writes:
>

>>Is there any chance the attached patch could make it into this forthcoming
>>release?
>>

>+1 Absolutely!!!  Very nice pedantry, btw :-)
>
>[...]
>
>Thanks a bunch.

Oops!  I've just noticed a rather obvious gaff in that DOC PATCH that I
sent.

In the example of AUTOLOAD() delegation the method should, of course, be
delegated to the "r" attribute (in the case of instance methods)!  It
should have read something more like:

    sub AUTOLOAD {
        my $proto = shift;
        return unless ref $proto;
        our $AUTOLOAD;
        my $name = $AUTOLOAD;
        $name =~ s/^.*:://;
        return $proto->{r}->$name(@_);
    }

Something fancier could be done to handle class methods too if required,
but that can be left as an exercise for the reader.  The subsequent
example of how to use Apache::Requests's automagic inheritance provides
an easier solution.

I've attached a new patch with this change in it if that makes it easier
to apply.

Sorry about that.

Steve