httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: changing tests from test -> Test
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 04:40:12 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

[...]

> on win32 there is no apxs, so please add the option of running:
>
> % perl Makefile.PL -httpd /path/to/apache/bin/httpd

OK..

> > You might need to make Apache::Test in httpd-test/perl-framework
> > first, but I'm not certain about that.
>
> If you add Apache-Test/lib to @INC, you don't have to build it. It's all pure
> perl.

Nice.

> >>However, I *think* this would require that:
> >>
> >>  1) mod_so would need to be compiled into httpd.
>
> why?

Sorry, my mistake: mod_so isn't even relevant here.  I was
confusing the requirements of the apache2 tests in
httpd-test/perl-framework.  Thanks for the clarification.

[...]

> > Still not sure about how to proceed here.  I'd like to
> > bundle a release candidate for 1.2 and put it on CPAN
> > ASAP to see what new problems crop up.
>
> Soon, Apache::Test (1-2 weeks I think) will be released on CPAN. Also
> I'll be releasing tools for making easier to write Makefile.PL's
> detection code. But for now this is good enough.

Great!  Thanks again, Stas.

btw- the apreq-2 core (current cvs) compiles on my redhat 8.0 box, so we
can also get down to the business of implementing apreq-2 environments now.

--
Joe Schaefer