httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: updating apreq site?
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:40:13 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
> > The apreq page needs to be updated to add the following resources:
> > Who can do that?

Any of the httpd-apreq committers, I suppose.
You just need httpd-site commit privs- all apreq
committers should have that.

> > How this page is updated?
> > http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/

See below.

> Also need to add instructions for apreq1 and apreq2 cvs access:
>
> % CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
> % export CVSROOT
> % cvs login
>    CVS password: anonymous
> % cvs checkout httpd-apreq
> % cvs checkout httpd-apreq-2

Here's the steps I just took to build httpd-site on RH-8.0:

  1) Downloaded and installed j2re and j2sdk rpms from Sun's
     website:

        http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/download.html

  2) Download the latest binary release of Apache Ant:

        http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi

    I just expanded the tar.gz file in /usr/java/ant, which
    is alongside the jre and jdk directory trees.

  3) Prepped my bash environment:

    $ export ANT_HOME=/usr/java/ant/apache-ant-1.5.3-1
    $ export PATH=$PATH:$ANT_HOME/bin
    $ export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_07

  4) checked out httpd-site from cvs.apache.org and ran

    $ cd httpd-site
    $ emacs xdocs/apreq/index.html
    $ ant
    $ cvs commit -m "Added info on public cvs access, snapshots and list
    archives for apreq." xdocs/apreq/index.html

I'm not sure when the changes will actually get published to the
httpd website.

--
Joe Schaefer