httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [apreq-2 proposal] backporting apreq_tables to APR
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 04:45:26 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
> > Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
> > [...]
> >
> >>Ask apr-dev and let's see what they have to say, before wasting any
> >>time at all. Or do you think that if a patch is sent instead of an
> >>rfc it'll be more instrumental in making the the decision in favor
> >>of this move? Making the necessary changes didn't take much time at
> >>all (apr patch below).
>
> Wow, that was quick! Go ahead and send it to apr-dev then.

Done.

> >>Assuming that they welcome this change and the next Apache version
> >>will include it. This will mean that apreq will be available on with
> >>that version or higher. Is that OK?
> > Works for me- and means we can keep the perl API contained within
> > the Apache::Request / Apache::Cookie namespace.
>
> Sorry, I'm not following you on the last note regarding the perl API.

Basically, apreq_tables accounts for ~ 30% of libapreq-2.so and
would probably would need a Perl API.  Finding a suitable namespace
for it is a royal PITA, which is why I suggested /^APREQ::/i.
OTOH, if the functionality gets folded into APR, this problem
seems to disappear, as does the need for /^APREQ::/i.

--
Joe Schaefer