httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [rfc] a few milestones (was Re: Updating the Website?)
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2003 14:21:16 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

[...]

> Won't the same approach as used in apreq-1.x work?

I don't think so.  IMO libapreq-2 (the core) should have only
one build system per platform, not two systems (perl & configure)
like apreq-1 has.

> It doesn't require 'make install' to build/test the perl glue.

Right, and it shouldn't with apreq-2 either.  Hopefully someone
will fix that.

> I also don't quite get why do we need c-modules for the perl glue testing.
                                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^

We don't need c-modules for that.  We need c-modules to test the
code in env/, since the unit tests in t/ can't do that.  It just
seems convenient to put those environment tests in glue/perl since
they require Apache::Test.

[...]

> I don't remember when we have discussed this, but won't ApReq:: read
> better?

Not if it means we keep changing the preferred capitalization every
few months :-).  Me no like StudlyCaps for perl modules, so I'm -0
on ApReq.

--
Joe Schaefer