httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [win32] Locations in Apache-Test framework
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 04:27:31 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

[...]

> Somebody will probably have a reason why ':' is invalid in uri path ;)

I'd bet apache is just returning a 403 for security purposes, since ':'
is what separates the drive letter from the file path on Windows.
Superman^H^H^H^H^H^HWilliam Rowe probably knows the full answer, so you
might want to take this issue up on dev@httpd.

> So, we are stuck with the current situation no matter what would be
> the outcome of this issue. Randy suggests to s/::/-/. Any other
> suggestions? I thought it'd be nicer to s|::|/| so it better maps to
> the file, but it's probably a bad idea for possible overlaps of
> handlers within the same top-level namespace (error-prone).
>
> Unless somebody thinks that s/::/-/ is not good enough we will go with
> this  change.

+1 to eliminating ':' from the test locations; I don't have a
preference on '-' vs '/' though.

--
Joe Schaefer