httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: changing tests from test -> Test
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2003 00:12:41 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe+apache@sunstarsys.com> writes:

> I've got most of our tests ported from Apache::test
> to Apache::Test now (haven't committed the changes
> yet tho).  However, since neither Apache::Test nor
> Bundle::ApacheTest seem to be available through CPAN,
> I'm leaning toward including httpd-test's
>
>   httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test
>
> directory inside our distribution (IIRC, that's
> how Stas' original tests worked).

I just committed the changes.  To run the test suite,
checkout a fresh cvs version of httpd-apreq *and* httpd-test
and do:

  % cd httpd-apreq
  % ln -s /path/to/httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test Apache-Test
  % perl Makefile.PL -apxs /path/to/apache/bin/apxs
  % make && make test

You might need to make Apache::Test in httpd-test/perl-framework
first, but I'm not certain about that.

> However, I *think* this would require that:
>
>   1) mod_so would need to be compiled into httpd.
>
>   2) users would need to know where their "apxs"
>      executable was located, unless our Makefile.PL
>      can be made smart enough to locate it for them.
>
> I may be wrong about most/all of the above, so please
> comment & correct my errors.

Still not sure about how to proceed here.  I'd like to
bundle a release candidate for 1.2 and put it on CPAN
ASAP to see what new problems crop up.

Thanks again.
--
Joe Schaefer