httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject [RESEND] Re: apreq2 style question
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 18:42:02 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> Any special reasons why APREQ_ENV, which is not a macro, is using
> upcase and macros apreq_env_* are using lowercase?

It just worked out that way.  I was making so many changes to
the apreq_env struct that I just started using the macros.
They saved me some editing time whenever I changed the struct.

The good news is that the macros are mapped to plain-old
function calls, so they behave like functions.  You just can't
use the macro name as a function pointer.

> Won't it be more intuitive to have things the other way around?

Perhaps, but other than the logging stuff, apreq_env.h shouldn't
be applicable to end-user code.  It's really only there to make
libapreq work within a given environment; and those are maintained
by *us*, in the httpd-apreq-2/env/ directory.

--
Joe Schaefer