httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: libapreq-1.2 release candidate
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 00:58:58 GMT
On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, David Wheeler wrote:

> [ ... ] However, removing Apache::test _does_ solve the
> problem. I'm suspecting that Perl is, for some reason, loading
> Apache::test instead of Apache::Test, because it finds it first in
> @INC, and because Mac OS X's HFS+ has a case-insensitive file system.
> CPANPLUS apparently exhibits the same behavior, since it thought I was
> up-to-date, too. The only way to get around this problem (since
> Apache::test was, IIRC, installed as part of mod_perl 1.x), is to call
> Apache::Test something else. :-( Might be worth asking about this on
> p5p.

The same thing occurs on Win32 ... What's annoying especially
about this (for someone familiar with Unix) is that file names
are listed with cases intact (eg, a TeSt.Pm will show up in a
directory listing), but if you copy a file test.pm from another
directory to this one, it will overwrite TeSt.Pm.

--
best regards,
randy