httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: Win32 test changes
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 05:42:10 GMT
On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
[ .. ]

> > That's right - the current cvs Apache-Test picks up the system's
> > mod_perl.so fine. Maybe this is too much hand-holding, but the
> > patch I had also makes some typical guesses about what
> > $ENV{APACHE} could be set to, and sets it if it finds a 1.3
> > version, or otherwise prompts the user for it (Win32 users
> > typically may not be familiar with environment variables, even
> > the PATH, judging by a lot of messages I get). Without this, if
> > one doesn't set $ENV{APACHE} on Win32, a 2.0 Apache is used, if
> > found. Would this be OK to leave in? Having to pick up a 1.3
> > Apache on Win32 without $ENV{APACHE} set is such a special case
> > that it's probably not worth working into Apache-Test, and yet
> > libapreq is a really important package, so this special treatment
> > might be justified in this case ...
>
> You are talking about apreq1 specific patch, right?
>
> So now you only need this in the apreq distro:
>
> TEST.PL.win32
> -------------
> #!perl -w
> use strict;
> $ENV{APACHE} = "MYAPACHE";
> use Apache::TestRunPerl();
> Apache::TestRunPerl->new->run(@ARGV);

That's exactly right - the only difference I was thinking
of now between the TEST.PL.win32 and TEST.PL is the
addition of
   $ENV{APACHE} = "MYAPACHE";
which Makefile.PL fills in, so that this can get propagated
to Apache-Test. The stuff I had earlier about overriding
one of the methods of Apache::TestRunPerl isn't needed now.

> btw, you can't use this line with perl < 5.8.0:

> use warnings FATAL => 'all';

This seemed to work OK for me with perl-5.6.1 (???).

--
best regards,
randy