httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: Win32 test changes
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 04:42:27 GMT
On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
> > Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:
> >
> >>I've attached a diff for the httpd-apreq Makefile.PL which
> >>implements for Win32 the new Apache-Test tests. The main thing
> >>that's done here is to find Apache.exe and subsequently
> >>set $ENV{APACHE}. The changes I think don't affect non-Win32
> >>systems - if they're OK, I can commit them.
> >
> > +1.
>
> So I believe this is not needed anymore (Randy, please
> confirm). Just update Apache::Test to the current cvs version.

That's right - the current cvs Apache-Test picks up the system's
mod_perl.so fine. Maybe this is too much hand-holding, but the
patch I had also makes some typical guesses about what
$ENV{APACHE} could be set to, and sets it if it finds a 1.3
version, or otherwise prompts the user for it (Win32 users
typically may not be familiar with environment variables, even
the PATH, judging by a lot of messages I get). Without this, if
one doesn't set $ENV{APACHE} on Win32, a 2.0 Apache is used, if
found. Would this be OK to leave in? Having to pick up a 1.3
Apache on Win32 without $ENV{APACHE} set is such a special case
that it's probably not worth working into Apache-Test, and yet
libapreq is a really important package, so this special treatment
might be justified in this case ...

--
best regards,
randy