httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Win32 test changes
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 20:43:51 GMT
I've attached a diff for the httpd-apreq Makefile.PL which
implements for Win32 the new Apache-Test tests. The main thing
that's done here is to find Apache.exe and subsequently
set $ENV{APACHE}. The changes I think don't affect non-Win32
systems - if they're OK, I can commit them.

One problem I'm having (this is more to do with Apache-Test) is
that, in searching for modules to load from the system's Apache
httpd.conf, mod_perl.so is skipped. This is what one wants for
the mod_perl tests (as one wants to test the built mod_perl), but
for 3rd party modules like this, one needs to load mod_perl.so.
I think this is just a problem on Win32, as Unix users don't
seem to find this. I couldn't find out where the problem lies.
A workaround I've used for the httpd-apreq tests is to have
a TEST.PL.win32 such as
#!perl
use strict;
$ENV{APACHE} = "MYAPACHE";
use warnings FATAL => 'all';
use Apache::TestRunPerl();

package MyTest;
our @ISA = qw(Apache::TestRunPerl);
sub pre_configure {
}

MyTest->new->run(@ARGV);
(where MYAPACHE is set equal to the Apache.exe found in
Makefile.PL), and then use this file for generating t/TEST.
Doing so, all tests pass (perl-5.6.1, apache-1.3.27).

This isn't ideal, but would this be OK until the problem
with not loading mod_perl.so for 3rd party modules on
Win32 is fixed?

--
best regards,
randy