httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [win32] Locations in Apache-Test framework
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 03:48:57 GMT
On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
> >
> > [ .. ]
> >
> >>Randy, what happens if you configure some valid virtual
> >>resource as foo::bar (outside of Apache::Test) and try
> >>accessing it? Do you get 403?
> >
> > Yes I do, with both apache-1.3.27 and httpd-2.0.45 - a
> > working
> >   <Location /hello>
> >     SetHandler perl-script
> >     PerlHandler Apache::Hello
> >   </Location>
> > (PerlResponseHandler for modperl 2) generates a 403 by simply
> > changing this to, eg, <Location /hel::lo>. For some reason the
> > modperl 2 tests don't run into this problem - I'll try to see
> > why.
>
> Could it be due to this handler, running for all requests?
>
> PerlTransHandler TestHooks::trans
>
> May be after calling $r->uri, Apache initializes some data structure, which
> doesn't cause a latter problem?

You're good at this stuff :) Commenting out the PerlTransHandler
in httpd.conf in the mod_perl 2 tests does lead to the 403 errors
in tests that successfully run with PerlTransHandler.

> > Actually, again on both 1.3.x and 2.0.45, making a request for
> > http://localhost/foo::bar (where foo::bar doesn't appear in a
> > <Location>) generates a 403, rather than a 404.
>
> Randy, can you please run this by httpd-dev? This doesn't seem right.
>
> (Certainly we still want to be able to run tests on winFU, but let's first
> figure out why this thing happens).

I'll do that - I looked for a bug report for this earlier, but
couldn't find one. And just in case it was some quirk of my
system, I tried this on f3.freespace.jp, which netcraft reports
as running Apache/1.3.27 on Win32 - a request there for
some (presumably) non-existent thing results in a 403 if
that thing has a ':' in it.

--
best regards,
randy