httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@wheeler.net>
Subject Re: libapreq-1.2 release candidate
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 01:46:40 GMT
On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at 08:36  PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> OK, so in order to preserve the backwards functionality we need to
> have Apache::TestFoo, and alias *Apache::Test:: = *Apache::TestFoo::
> So you 'require Apache::TestFoo', but you really get Apache::Test if
> you use it.

How do you prevent Apache::TestFoo from loading Apache::test?

> What name should we use instead of Apache::Test? Apache::TestAny?

Sure.

I could also file a perl bug report on this, though it may well be a
known issue. I see that other Unix tools don't appear to have this
problem:

mercury# find . -name "Test.pm"
./5.8.0/Test.pm
./site_perl/5.8.0/Apache/Test.pm
./site_perl/5.8.0/Devel/Profiler/Test.pm
./site_perl/5.8.0/HTTP/WebTest/Test.pm
./site_perl/5.8.0/SOAP/Test.pm
./site_perl/5.8.0/XMLRPC/Test.pm
mercury# find . -name "test.pm"