httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@wheeler.net>
Subject Re: libapreq-1.2 release candidate
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 01:30:29 GMT
On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at 08:20  PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> One would be to add Apache::test functionality to Apache::Test and
> replace Apache->test in the next release of mod_perl 1.x and let
> Apache::Test overwrite Apache::test.

On case-insensitive file systems, Apache::Test will overwrite
Apache::test. The problem is that they install in different locations.
On my system, Apache::test is in
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/darwin/Apache/test.pm, while
Apache::Test is in /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Apache/Test.pm.
And my @INC:

mercury# perl -e 'for (@INC) { print "$_\n" }'
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/darwin
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/darwin
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
.

So you see, the platform directories precede the standard module
directories. I think that this is generally true with Perl
installations. The only way you could overwrite Apache::test with
Apache::Test is to get Apache::Test to install into
site_perl/5.8.0/$platform.

Sorry I don't have a better suggestion.

David

                                                Yahoo!: dew7e