httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [win32] Locations in Apache-Test framework
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:35:30 GMT
Two fast questions;

  Is this 1.3 or 2.0 (I'm presuming 2.0 in the second point below...)

  Have you overridden the map_to_storage hook?  Several modules
hook map_to storage; mod_proxy (FIRST) looks for any URI that is
in proxy space - and sums up the <Proxy > sections for that URI,
the core (MIDDLE) finds the TRACE requests and finishes them up
already (nothing more to-do about TRACE after Proxy had a chance)
and finally VERY_LAST (should have been simply LAST) we try the
<Directory > and <File > request paths.

  It doesn't sound like you are looking at real files, which make
<Directory > and <Files > sections sort of silly.  And prone to confusion.

  Try putting a map_to_storage hook MIDDLE-1 or LAST + 1 - and return
OK if translate_name phase picked up this request as it's own. Otherwise
continue to fall through to <Directory > and <Files > walks.

  Note that <Location > happens both before and after map_to_storage.
Nobody can modify those phases in map_to_storage

Bill