httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [apreq-2 proposal] backporting apreq_tables to APR
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 05:49:10 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>

>>You mean apreq returning APREQ::Table objects to the perl land and
>>perl manipulating these directly, just like we do with APR::Table
>>objects ($r->headers_in, etc). Correct?
>

> Right.
>

>>If apr won't accept your implementation than we can still have
>>Apache::Request for the normal functionality, and APREQ::Table or
>>Apreq::Table for your tables implementation. Also while you are at it,
>>can you give an example of when do you return APREQ::Table objects?
>

>   my $apreq = Apache::Request->new($r;
>   my $jar = Apache::Cookie->new($r);
>   ...parse request...
>
>   # potential APREQ::Table objects
>   my $args    = $apreq->args;
>   my $body    = $apreq->body;
>   my $params  = $apreq->params; # args + body
>   my $cookies = $jar->cookies;

Looks great to me. It'll either become APR::Table or it'll be APREQ::Table if
not accepted by apr-dev. I'd still fight for having something better than
APREQ:: if the latter happens (which is quite possible). Otherwise, I don't
see any problem with having Apache::{Request|Cookie} and ApGodKnowsWhat::Table
live together. Just like Apache::RequestRec returns APR::Table objects in mp2.