httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [apreq-2 proposal] backporting apreq_tables to APR
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 05:04:22 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:

>>>Works for me- and means we can keep the perl API contained within
>>>the Apache::Request / Apache::Cookie namespace.
>>
>>Sorry, I'm not following you on the last note regarding the perl API.
>>

> Basically, apreq_tables accounts for ~ 30% of libapreq-2.so and
> would probably would need a Perl API.  Finding a suitable namespace
> for it is a royal PITA, which is why I suggested /^APREQ::/i.
> OTOH, if the functionality gets folded into APR, this problem
> seems to disappear, as does the need for /^APREQ::/i.

You mean apreq returning APREQ::Table objects to the perl land and perl
manipulating these directly, just like we do with APR::Table objects
($r->headers_in, etc). Correct?

If apr won't accept your implementation than we can still have Apache::Request
for the normal functionality, and APREQ::Table or Apreq::Table for your tables
implementation. Also while you are at it, can you give an example of when do
you return APREQ::Table objects?