httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [apreq-2 proposal] backporting apreq_tables to APR
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 00:05:14 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> I've been thinking about ways to cut down on the
> size of the libapreq-2 library, and it looks to
> me like there's a way to backport the apreq table
> implementation cleanly into apr_tables.  Basically
> all that needs to be done is to adjust the
> table_entry's pointer from v to v->data and expose
> the struct in the header.  Of course, the APR
> guys may say no, but in this case the time wasted
> would be substantially less than last year's attempt
> to include libapreq-2 into the httpd dist.
>
> Thoughts?

Ask apr-dev and let's see what they have to say, before wasting any time at
all. Or do you think that if a patch is sent instead of an rfc it'll be more
instrumental in making the the decision in favor of this move?

Assuming that they welcome this change and the next Apache version will
include it. This will mean that apreq will be available on with that version
or higher. Is that OK?