httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [rfc] a few milestones (was Re: Updating the Website?)
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2003 05:43:46 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Joe Schaefer <joe+apache@sunstarsys.com> writes:
>

>>I have no clue how to get my commits to httpd-site
>>to show up at http://httpd.apache.org/apreq.
>>If anyone figures out how to update the website,
>>please post that information to this list so
>>we have it for future reference.
>

> Open mouth, insert foot.  Looks like the changes finally
> took, but I'm still not sure what actually caused that
> to happen.
>
> I'm not planning to make any substantial changes to the
> apreq-2 core for a week or so, so please give some thought
> to the open issues listed in the STATUS file.  Maybe
> we should also lay out a roadmap of milestones for apreq-2?
> Personally I believe we've surpassed at least one so far:
>
>   1) an operational core based solely on APR, with
>      a functional Apache2 environment.

joe++

> The next one is within easy reach:
>
>   2) a basic test framework
>      a) simple unit tests for libapreq.so (the core).
>      b) simple Apache::Test tests for mod_apreq.
>
> 2a is already done (in t/), while 2b needs more work.
> I already laid the foundation for 2b in glue/perl/.
> Perhaps some of us perl guys can finish that part
> off while working towards

Are you talking about applying the XP principles: write tests before you code?
If not won't 3 be a prerequisite for 2b?

>   3) Functional APREQ:: packages (perl glue for libapreq).

It all depends on how rich is the API that we expose to Perl.
If it's quite rick we probably better go with:
http://search.cpan.org/author/GRICHTER/ExtUtils-XSBuilder-0.23/
which is a generalized port of mod_perl 2.0's WrapXS.

Otherwise, if the API is not very big, a hand coded XS will probably do.

>   4) Apache::Request / Apache::Cookie ports using
>      the APREQ:: modules.

I suppose that 3 should be completed first, before 4 can be done.