httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Win32 test changes
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 06:48:44 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>Randy Kobes wrote:
>
> [ .. ]
>
>>>That's right - the current cvs Apache-Test picks up the system's
>>>mod_perl.so fine. Maybe this is too much hand-holding, but the
>>>patch I had also makes some typical guesses about what
>>>$ENV{APACHE} could be set to, and sets it if it finds a 1.3
>>>version, or otherwise prompts the user for it (Win32 users
>>>typically may not be familiar with environment variables, even
>>>the PATH, judging by a lot of messages I get). Without this, if
>>>one doesn't set $ENV{APACHE} on Win32, a 2.0 Apache is used, if
>>>found. Would this be OK to leave in? Having to pick up a 1.3
>>>Apache on Win32 without $ENV{APACHE} set is such a special case
>>>that it's probably not worth working into Apache-Test, and yet
>>>libapreq is a really important package, so this special treatment
>>>might be justified in this case ...
>>
>>You are talking about apreq1 specific patch, right?
>>
>>So now you only need this in the apreq distro:
>>
>>TEST.PL.win32
>>-------------
>>#!perl -w
>>use strict;
>>$ENV{APACHE} = "MYAPACHE";
>>use Apache::TestRunPerl();
>>Apache::TestRunPerl->new->run(@ARGV);
>

> That's exactly right - the only difference I was thinking
> of now between the TEST.PL.win32 and TEST.PL is the
> addition of
>    $ENV{APACHE} = "MYAPACHE";
> which Makefile.PL fills in, so that this can get propagated
> to Apache-Test. The stuff I had earlier about overriding
> one of the methods of Apache::TestRunPerl isn't needed now.

So this thing can be added directly to TEST.PL with the OS check:

$ENV{APACHE} = "MYAPACHE" if $^O eq 'MSWin32';

>>btw, you can't use this line with perl < 5.8.0:
>

>>use warnings FATAL => 'all';
>

> This seemed to work OK for me with perl-5.6.1 (???).

Ah, yes, I have confused with a new NONFATAL flag added in 5.8.0. But don't
forget that the 'warnings' pragma was added in 5.6 and apreq has to compile
with 5.005_03. Apache::Test provides a special workaround for older versions,
see: Apache/Test5005compat.pm