httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [win32] Locations in Apache-Test framework
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 03:43:59 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
> [ .. ]
>
>>Randy, what happens if you configure some valid virtual
>>resource as foo::bar (outside of Apache::Test) and try
>>accessing it? Do you get 403?
>

> Yes I do, with both apache-1.3.27 and httpd-2.0.45 - a
> working
>   <Location /hello>
>     SetHandler perl-script
>     PerlHandler Apache::Hello
>   </Location>
> (PerlResponseHandler for modperl 2) generates a 403 by simply
> changing this to, eg, <Location /hel::lo>. For some reason the
> modperl 2 tests don't run into this problem - I'll try to see
> why.

Could it be due to this handler, running for all requests?

PerlTransHandler TestHooks::trans

May be after calling $r->uri, Apache initializes some data structure, which
doesn't cause a latter problem?

> Actually, again on both 1.3.x and 2.0.45, making a request for
> http://localhost/foo::bar (where foo::bar doesn't appear in a
> <Location>) generates a 403, rather than a 404.

Randy, can you please run this by httpd-dev? This doesn't seem right.

(Certainly we still want to be able to run tests on winFU, but let's first
figure out why this thing happens).