httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: changing tests from test -> Test
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2003 23:25:39 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Joe Schaefer <joe+apache@sunstarsys.com> writes:
>

>>I've got most of our tests ported from Apache::test
>>to Apache::Test now (haven't committed the changes
>>yet tho).  However, since neither Apache::Test nor
>>Bundle::ApacheTest seem to be available through CPAN,
>>I'm leaning toward including httpd-test's
>>
>>  httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test
>>
>>directory inside our distribution (IIRC, that's
>>how Stas' original tests worked).
>

> I just committed the changes.  To run the test suite,
> checkout a fresh cvs version of httpd-apreq *and* httpd-test
> and do:
>
>   % cd httpd-apreq
>   % ln -s /path/to/httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test Apache-Test
>   % perl Makefile.PL -apxs /path/to/apache/bin/apxs
>   % make && make test

on win32 there is no apxs, so please add the option of running:

% perl Makefile.PL -httpd /path/to/apache/bin/httpd

> You might need to make Apache::Test in httpd-test/perl-framework
> first, but I'm not certain about that.

If you add Apache-Test/lib to @INC, you don't have to build it. It's all pure
perl.

>>However, I *think* this would require that:
>>
>>  1) mod_so would need to be compiled into httpd.

why?

>>  2) users would need to know where their "apxs"
>>     executable was located, unless our Makefile.PL
>>     can be made smart enough to locate it for them.

This works for mod_perl 2.0. For 1.0 it's not quite possible.

>>I may be wrong about most/all of the above, so please
>>comment & correct my errors.
>

> Still not sure about how to proceed here.  I'd like to
> bundle a release candidate for 1.2 and put it on CPAN
> ASAP to see what new problems crop up.

Soon, Apache::Test (1-2 weeks I think) will be released on CPAN. Also I'll be
releasing tools for making easier to write Makefile.PL's detection code. But
for now this is good enough.